Summer is just around the corner, and what better way to beat the heat than with some delicious ice cream desserts? Whether you’re looking for a refreshing ice cream cheesecake, or a decadent ice cream pie, or want a classic ice cream sundae, we’ve got you covered with this roundup of the best ice cream dessert recipes for summer.
As the sun’s warm embrace envelops us during the scorching summer months, there’s one sweet treat that never fails to bring a refreshing respite – ice cream.
Whether it’s a velvety scoop nestled in a crispy cone, a dessert pie made with ice cream, a delectable sundae adorned with luscious toppings, ice cream desserts have the power to transport us to a world of pure bliss.
If you’re in the mood to elevate your ice cream experience to a whole new level, then this list of ice cream desserts is for you. I’m covering everything from ice cream cheesecake to the classic ice cream Sunday. There’s something for everyone to love!
Want more summer desserts recipes? You’ve got it! Check out this list of crowd-pleasing summer dessert recipes.
Why You’ll Love These Recipes
- All of these chilly recipes are perfect for hot summer days, easy to make, and will impress your family and friends.
- They are customizable, so you can mix and match ingredients to create your own unique ice cream creations.
- Most importantly they are made from ice cream making them the perfect way to indulge and cool down this summer.
Now it’s time to teat yourself to one of these heavenly ice cream dessert recipes, and let your taste buds rejoice in the sweet symphony of flavors. Let’s get into this must-make list.
Ice Cream Based Desserts
Ice Cream Salad
Yes, you read that right, ice cream salad! This unique recipe combines ice cream with fresh fruit and a tangy dressing for a refreshing and unexpected dessert.
Strawberry Ice Cream Cheesecake
This decadent Strawberry Ice Cream Cheesecake combines creamy cheesecake with sweet strawberry ice cream. It’s the perfect dessert for a special occasion or summer party.
Grilled Peach Kabobs on Ice Cream
Grilled peaches are a summer staple, and this recipe takes them to the next level. Thread them onto skewers and grill them until caramelized, then serve them on top of vanilla ice cream for a delicious and unique dessert. These grilled peach kabobs are a must try.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream Sandwich
This nostalgic ice cream sandwich made with waffles will take you back to your childhood. With a creamy peanut butter filling and sweet jelly, it’s the perfect balance of salty and sweet.
Homemade Ice Cream
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
Rich with pumpkin and fall spices, this Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream tastes like the autumn season. Complete with pie crust pieces, it is a delicious and flavorful treat recipe anyone can make.
No-Churn Two-Ingredient Ice Cream
You won’t believe how incredible easy it is to make this Two-Ingredient No Churn Ice Cream recipe. You can customize it with any flavors or toppings you’d like for a unique and delicious warm weather treat.
Nutella Magic Shell
If you’re a fan of Nutella, you’ll love this Nutella magic shell recipe. It hardens on contact with cold ice cream, creating a crispy, chocolatey shell that’s hard to resist.
Strawberry Rhubarb Syrup
This strawberry rhubarb syrup is perfect for drizzling over ice cream or using in a milkshake. The tangy rhubarb pairs perfectly with sweet strawberries for a summer flavor explosion.
Quick and Classic Recipes
Want more? You got it! Here is a list of some no recipe and classic ice cream dessert ideas you can enjoy all summer long! No Churn Ice Cream: First up is a classic no-churn ice cream recipe. This recipe only requires a few ingredients and no fancy equipment, making it perfect for summer. Plus, you can add in your favorite mix-ins, such as chocolate chips or fruit, to make it your own.
- Ice Cream Sundae: Scoop your favorite ice cream flavor into a bowl, and top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, nuts, and a cherry.
- Ice Cream Float: Pour your favorite soda (such as root beer or cream soda) into a glass, and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I even once made a Guinness Beer Float.
- Ice Cream Sandwich: Place a scoop of ice cream between two cookies, and press gently to make a sandwich.
- Banana Split: Slice a banana in half lengthwise, and place it in a bowl. Add scoops of ice cream (such as chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla), and top with homemade whipped cream, nuts, and chocolate syrup.
- Milkshake: Blend together milk, ice cream, and your favorite flavorings (such as chocolate syrup or peanut butter) to make a thick, creamy milkshake.
- Ice Cream Tacos: Scoop ice cream into a waffle cone, and top with your favorite toppings (such as sprinkles, chocolate chips, or chopped fruit).
- Ice Cream Cake: Layer ice cream (softened) and crushed cookies or graham crackers in a loaf pan or springform pan, and freeze until firm.
- Ice Cream Truffles: Scoop ice cream into small balls, and freeze until firm. Roll the balls in crushed cookies or nuts, and freeze again until firm.
- Ice Cream Pie: Mix together softened ice cream and whipped cream, and pour into a graham cracker crust. Freeze until firm.
- Ice Cream Toppings Bar: Set up a bar with bowls of various toppings (such as crushed cookies, nuts, candy pieces, and fruit), and let everyone make their own ice cream creations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have some questions? I’ve tied to answer a few questions about some of the recipes above and general ice cream making and serving questions that often arise. I hope these are helpful.
How long can I store homemade ice cream in the freezer?
Homemade ice cream can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to two weeks.
Can I make ice cream without an ice cream maker?
Yes, you can make ice cream without an ice cream maker by using the no-churn method or by stirring the mixture frequently while it freezes.
Can I use frozen fruit in my ice cream recipe?
Yes, frozen fruit can be used in ice cream recipes. However, it may be necessary to thaw the fruit and drain any excess liquid before using it in the recipe.
Can I use non-dairy milk in my ice cream recipe?
Yes, non-dairy milk such as almond milk or coconut milk can be used in ice cream recipes. However, the texture and flavor may differ from traditional dairy-based ice cream.
Can I add alcohol to my ice cream recipe?
Yes, alcohol can be added to ice cream recipes to enhance flavor and texture. However, too much alcohol can prevent the ice cream from freezing properly.
Can I make ice cream sandwiches ahead of time?
Yes, ice cream sandwiches can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer in an airtight container.
How can I make my ice cream cones less soggy?
To make your ice cream cones less soggy, you can add a thin layer of melted chocolate to the bottom of the cone, or place a small cookie in the bottom of the cone before adding the ice cream.
There you have it, the best ice cream dessert recipes for summer. Which one will you try first? We hope these recipes inspire you to get creative in the kitchen and enjoy some sweet treats this summer.
More Summer Dessert Ideas
Think you’ll give one of irresistible ice cream recipes or ideas a try? Let me know in the comments which one you’re more excited to enjoy!
Want more from Inspired by Charm? Join the IBC Mailing List for inspiration in your inbox! Follow along on Instagram and TikTok for daily updates and behind-the-scenes looks at my processes. There’s even more inspiration on Facebook and Pinterest!