If you’re looking for a creamy, flavorful fruit dip that’s quick to make, look no further. You only need four ingredients and five minutes to whip up this easy fruit dip recipe. This dip goes perfectly with all your favorite fruits. Not only that, but it adds a pretty pop of pink to your table too.
With the outdoor entertaining season upon us, I thought we could use a yummy and easy fruit dip recipe.
For as long as I can remember, this is the fruit dip that my mom has made. For me, it’s a requirement for summer barbecues at home. (Oh, and if you need a vegetable dip, this Really Good Veggie Dip is a winner! It’s my go-to recipe!)
Although I’m probably partial to this dip for sentimental reasons, I also recommend it because it is one of the best fruit dip recipes out there.
What I love is that it’s so simple to make. Better still, you likely already have most of the ingredients in your pantry or refrigerator, or they’re just an online order away. All you need is cream cheese, marshmallow fluff, yogurt, and a splash of maraschino cherry juice!
The cream cheese gives it tang, the marshmallow makes it fluffy, and the yogurt keeps it smooth.
I also like the pale pink color, which you might guess is from the maraschino cherry juice. If you don’t have any on hand or don’t want to use it, no worries! You can substitute a splash of grenadine, a bit of strawberry jelly, or even a little red food coloring.
Why You’ll Enjoy This Recipe
- It”s incredibly easy to make, requiring only a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
- It’s a crowd-pleaser that everyone will love, regardless of age or dietary preferences. Whether you’re serving it as an appetizer, dessert, or snack, this fruit dip is sure to be a hit.
- It’s deliciously creamy texture and sweet, tangy flavor. The combination of cream cheese, marshmallow fluff, and orange juice creates a smooth and velvety dip that pairs perfectly with fresh fruit.
- This easy fruit dip is also incredibly versatile. You can easily customize the recipe by adding in other ingredients like coconut, almond extract, or even chocolate chips to give it a unique twist.
There are only a handful of simple ingredients in this classic homemade fruit dip. Here’s what you need to have when you make it.
- Marshmallow Fluff: This is what gives the dip its sweet flavor and fluffy texture.
- Cream Cheese: Use full-fat cream cheese for the richest flavor, and make sure you soften it before you mix it.
- Vanilla Yogurt: Either regular or Greek yogurt will be perfect in this dip.
- Maraschino Cherry Juice: A splash of juice will sweeten the dip and give it a pretty pink color.
How to Make
- Simply place all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
I served this dip many times when I ran my bed and breakfast. It was a special treat I could pair with a plate of fruit in the morning. It works for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or just as a snack. You might not be surprised to hear that it was always a crowd-pleaser!
Now that you have the basic fruit dip recipe down, let’s explore some tasty variations to try out. In most of these variations below, you may want to leave out the cherry juice if you’re adding other flavor additions.
- For a more decadent option, add some chocolate chips or cocoa powder to your fruit dip. You can also try drizzling caramel sauce on top for an extra indulgence.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, add some spices like cinnamon or nutmeg to your fruit dip for a unique twist.
- If you want to switch up the flavor profile, try adding in different extracts such as almond or mint.
- You can also experiment with different fruit combinations such as using strawberries and blueberries for a patriotic-themed dip or mixing in some tropical fruits like mango and pineapple for a summery vibe.
Now that you have some ideas for variations, let’s answer some common questions about fruit dips.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before we get to the fruit dip recipe, here are some questions people often ask about it. If you don’t see your question in this list, please leave it in the comments.
Can I make this dip ahead of time?
Absolutely! In fact, it’s recommended to make it at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld together. You can also make it up to a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator.
How long is homemade fruit dip good for?
If you store this in an airtight container in the refrigerator, it will stay fresh for up to seven days.
What fruit is good for dipping?
Any type of fruit that you like to eat will taste delicious in this homemade fruit dip! My favorite types of fruit to dip are grapes, strawberries, and blackberries. It also goes well with apples, pineapples, and peaches.
Is marshmallow fluff the same as marshmallow cream?
Marshmallow fluff and marshmallow cream are so similar that it is hard to tell them apart. You can use them interchangeably in this fruit dip. The biggest difference between them is the way they are mixed or whipped. Marshmallow fluff has a slightly lighter and fluffier consistency than marshmallow cream.
Can I double or triple the recipe for a larger crowd?
Absolutely! This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to accommodate larger groups.
I told you this was easy. I think you’ll enjoy it, too. If you’re looking for a tasty fruit dip that’s a breeze to make, give this recipe a try, and let me know what you think!
Whether you’re serving it at a picnic, family barbeque, or a night in with friends, this easy fruit dip recipe is sure to be a hit! (If not, you can blame my mom! Haha!)
More Sweet Dip Recipes You Will Enjoy
I hope you’ll mix up a dish of this fried pickle and ranch dip. I think you’ll enjoy it! If you do, please leave a comment and a 5-star rating below.
Want more from Inspired by Charm? Join the IBC Mailing List for inspiration in your inbox! Follow along on Instagram and TikTok for daily updates and behind-the-scenes looks at my processes. There’s even more inspiration on Facebook and Pinterest!
This fruit dip can be made in advance and stored covered in the refrigetaor for up to five days.
Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 89mg | Potassium: 85mg | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg