What do you have planned for Memorial Day weekend!? We’re staying in the city Friday night to hang out with our best friends, then heading to Neal’s parents lake house on Saturday morning for the rest of the weekend! It’s always a big family weekend for us, and we haven’t been to the lake in a minute, so we’re looking forward to it!
As with most holidays, of course, there are MANY sales that come along with the long weekend. I know they can be overwhelming, but hopefully this curated post can lead you to some new favorite items for less if you’ve been looking to fill some holes in your closet!
Below, I’ve rounded up a handful of staples from my favorite retailers that are all on sale! I am seeing so many great summer staples that can work for so many occasions–from everyday to travel staples!
In addition to the sale below, there’s also an ABLE sale running: you get $20 off your purchase of $100 or $35 off if you spend over $150! For my recent ABLE favorites, see this blog post!
Let’s jump to my curated list of favorites:
Madewell: 30% off your purchase
1. The Signature Poplin Oversized Shirt in Springy Stripe (Green): I own this shirt in the yellow stripe (which is since sold out sadly!) but I love it SO much! It’s light as air–the perfect summer button down to wear on its own, throw on over a bathing suit–wherever. I love all the colors it comes in and is cute with the matching shorts or by itself! Runs pretty oversized but I stuck with a small and like the oversized look!
2. The Signature Poplin Oversized Shirt in Springy Stripe (Pink) Love this muted pink version too!
3. Maisie Mini Dress in 100% Linen: THIS DRESS. I love linen, I love this gorgeous marigold color, I love the puff sleeve–it’s the perfect thing to wear with sneakers but is still pretty and feminine. Also an ideal dress for summer travel because you can wear it with comfy shoes and don’t have to worry about it blowing up in the wind! But on the flip side, you can pair it with some wedges for a date night, a shower–whatever!
4. Clean Pull-On Shorts in Linen-Cotton: These shorts come in a new fun pink color but I have the black and beige pair and they’re AWESOME basics. It’s a linen-cotton blend which is very comfy and they’re polished enough to look chic/classic but pull on so they get extra points for comfort. Run TTS.
5. Pull-On Shorts in Striped Signature Poplin: Matching shorts to the striped shirts, but cute all on their own! Run TTS.
6. The Boardwalk T-Strap Slide Sandal: I own these and absolutely love them. So comfy, no break-in time, and they go with everything. I particularly really like the t-strap style which is way more chic than flip flops!
7. Court Sneakers in White Leather: A major wardrobe staple of mine. I reviewed them here. Run TTS.
8. The Charley Double-Strap Slide Sandal: Got these last year, if you’re looking for something supportive but more polished and minimalist than Birkenstocks, these are absolutely the sandals you want! Run TTS.
J.Crew: 40% off your purchase
1. Vintage rib shelf-bra tank top in stripe: This is the ribbed version of my favorite shelf-bra tank (#5) that I own in black and white. I love the summery stripe–a quintessential summer piece! It’s casual but a little something extra than just a plain solid-colored tank. Super cute with jean shorts, white jeans, etc!
2. Twist-front keyhole one-piece swimsuit in pink stamp floral: I always hear from you all about how great J.Crew’s swimwear is, and I can’t stop thinking about this one piece!
3. Classic-fit soft gauze shirt: If you like the look of linen but it’s not soft enough for you, or you don’t like dealing with wrinkles–you’ll want a gauzy shirt like this one! I haven’t tried this one from J.Crew specifically, but it has amazing reviews!
4. Linen-cotton blend beach shirt: I have this in my cart in both the natural color and black! Tons of 5 star reviews and a classic cover up that you can also wear around on vacation with sneakers, or, of course, to the beach!
5. Perfect-fit shelf-bra tank top: Like I mentioned in #1, I love this tank, I got it in two colors. Looks like a bodysuit, but with the ease of a tank! I’d say size down if you want it tight, I went with my regular size small and it’s not super tight.
6. Relaxed-fit chambray shirt: I love a classic chambray button down all year round, but especially in the summer! I like to throw mine on over a cropped tank with bike shorts, or pair it with white cutoff jean shorts, jeans–whatever! It’s so hard to go wrong with a classic button down!
7. Linen-cotton beach shirt in stripe: Same as #4, but striped!
8. Cotton-blend cross-back tank top: If you’re looking for the perfect beachy-knit tank, here it is! 😍
Everlane: 30% off over 400 items!
1. The Organic Cotton V-Neck: If you’re looking for an affordable classic v-neck tee, it’s hard to beat Everlane’s, especially now that it’s on sale!
2. The Organic Cotton Crew Tee: Same as above, I’ve loved my Everlane crewneck tee for years now!
3. The Organic Cotton Weekend Tank Dress: I have an old version of this dress I wore all over Italy–it’s so easy, you can dress it up or down–it’s lightweight and breathable. 10/10, it’s a great staple, especially for travel.
4. The Air Cami (Black): I have this in white and it’s the best hot weather tank. It’s SO lightweight (hence, the name). I want it in black too!
5. The Air Cami (White): My exact tank I’ve owned for years now. When it’s the hottest of hot weather, I pair this with shorts because it feels like you’re barely wearing anything! Plus, I love the slouchy fit.
6. The ReLeather® Court Sneaker: Another favorite white sneaker, also reviewed here! Can’t go wrong with these or the Madewell pair!
Abercrombie: 20% almost everything
1.Linen-Blend Wide Strap Mini Dress: How perfect is this classic mini dress!? And the straps are wide enough to wear a regular bra, too! Could easily wear this to a more casual summer wedding, on a date, or even pair it with sneakers for a day exploring a new city. Feels very Audrey Hepburn, but still modern and trendy at the same time!
2. Oversized Linen-Blend Shirt: I own an older version of this shirt and it was perfect when I was pregnant! Breezy and classic–again, great to wear with bike shorts. (My pregnancy uniform once it got warm out!)
3. Ultra High Rise 90s Straight Jean:: I LOVE these white jeans. They’re super flattering and I own them in the cream color.
4. Linen-Blend Pull-On Short: The ideal summer beach short! Wear them over a swimsuit, with a tank or tee–I bet these even be great for a camping/hiking trip!
5. Ultra High Rise Linen-Blend Tailored Short: I got these linen blend shorts last year and they are SO comfy yet polished at the same time. If you’re looking for something that’s a longer length but still trendy, you’ll love these. I especially love them paired with a tank or date night top!
6.Ultra High Rise 90s Straight Jean: Same as the white jeans above, but I love the classic blue wash!
Happy shopping and hope you have a fantastic MDW!!